The Clara Barton National Historic Site was established as a unit of the National Park Service in 1975, to commemorate the founder of the American Red Cross. Built in 1891, the structure was first used as a warehouse for disaster relief supplies. Miss Barton moved into the building in 1897, at which time she remodeled the structure for use as both her residence and the Americal Red Cross headquarters. It was at this time that the famous Red Cross windows were installed, symbolizing her resolve to dedicate her life and her home to the service of the Red Cross. She lived here until her death in 1912.
Finished size 7" by 6½" on 18 count Charles Craft fabric. Kit includes material, DMC floss, needle, instructions, and color photograph of finished project. Designed by Barbara Bangser for The Posy Collection.
Order by phone: 1. Call 301-320-1410 and ask for the gift shop. 2. Ask for the Clara Barton House Counted Cross Stitch Kit PC-728.